Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/1/11: Back to School with Heelys!

I am sure you have all seen kids walking along and that start rolling and know about Heelys.  Did you know there are Heelys for adults?  I was lucky enough to receive a pair to review.  I ended up picking the Heelys Wave which had several variations, so I let Lauren pick the color, hence the purple.  I love them.
Here are mine when they arrived, as you can see the tool to detach the bottom plate between the shoes.  The rollers are also attached.
When they arrive the bottom has a black panel on it that you remove to put the rollers on.
I wore them as regular sneakers first to Chuck e Cheese just to try them out and loved how comfortable they are, and how well made.
I really enjoyed wearing them and I thought they looked great.  I haven't roler skated since the days I used to go with my friends to Roller Kingdom and Wallecks back in the day, so I thought rolling on them would be interesting.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it may take me a bit to get used to.  I looked on their website and found General Heelys Skating Info which includes How-to videos on “Heeling”.
They have such cute styles for kids.  I love these ones for boys that have two wheels to make it a bit easier for them.
And this super cute pair for girls.
I can't wait to get the kids a pair, and right now is the perfect time.  Heelys is throwing a Labor Day/Back-to-School special!! Between Sept 2-Sept 5, Buy one pair of Heelys, get the second pair for only $30!  And you guys are extra lucky to be reading this post as Heelys is being nice enough to also offer free shipping using the code HeelysLovesBloggers. Just enter the code in the Discount Code box. (Please note that this code is only available during the Back-to-School special.)
They also have a inline footboard made exclusively for Heelys.  This looks really cool.
   
So why not show your kids you can be cool too and get some exercise and have some fun as a family heeling around!
What can you do to give Heelys some love:
“Like” the Heelys Facebook page.
Follow @HeelysWorldwide on Twitter.

Disclosure:  Heelys were provided to me through Business 2 Blogger and Heelys to review.  All opinions stated are my own and no other compensation was received for my review.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hi I found your blog on MBC and I'm a new follower. Would love for you to stop by and follow me back at Tips for Saving.
http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

Thanks and Keep in Touch!

Great review... my son is a little young for these but I will try and spread the word!