Thursday, March 1, 2012

3/1/12: HEXBUG - Robotics and a Toy! What is not to love?

You may know that lately I have judged a few FIRST Robotics competitions as my company PTC is the sponsor.  What can I say, I am an engineer nerd that went to WPI for Aerospace Engineering.  I love this stuff. 
I love to see the combination of tech and toys and I was treated to a lot of that at Toy Fair especially when visiting HEXBUG by Innovation First Labs, Inc.  The HEXBUG Nano Hive Habitat Set even won Specialty Toy of the Year at Toy Fair!
This is such a cool toy and I was thrilled to see that it folds up for easy portable play!
 HEXBUG only entered in to the toy industry in 2007 but has done outstanding work in a short time.  The goal they had was simple - "give children a positive experience with robotics as a young age."  They are also involved in the VEX Robotics program which was what started HEXBUG.
 They also have now come out with Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters.  These are super cute and easier for the littler ones to interact with and have such cute play sets!
 Aren't they adorable?
 It is so awesome seeing them all move around each other.
 What I also loved was the super cute seasonal items.  Check out these adorable eggs that have little Bunny Ears on the HEXBUG Nano.  What a perfect Easter Basket filler.  Much better than jelly beans.
I LOVE these.  I am quite partial to Halloween so this is right up my alley.  A perfect party favor for our Monster Mash.
And these adorable ornaments with a Nano that has antlers!
I really am excited for this company and can't wait to see what they come out with next.  I look forward to providing you more in-depth reviews with video in the future.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We love Hexbugs at our house! And I also love Disney! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check my blog out as well. http://lovelybeautifulsmiles.blogspot.com