Monday, July 29, 2013

7/29/13: McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center

I love having the kids learn about space.  I went to school for Aerospace Engineering because I wanted to be an astronaut so I love when my kids can get excited about Space Travel.  We recently went to the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center.
 I have never been there before.  The museum is in Concord, New Hampshire so we decided to make the journey.  Here is what it looks like from the outside.
 I had pictures in my bedroom of Christa McAuliffe's Challenger crew and remember sitting in class when the Challenger blew up.
 Inside the museum.  This is a 1956 Vintage Crusader.
 The kids like the interactive areas the most.  Here are the kids trying their hand at landing the space shuttle.  This was their favorite part of the museum and they kept playing it over and over until they finally could successfully land it.
Here is Lauren landing.
Here they are changing the images on this globe.
 This one let them land the Lunar Module.
 A cool model of the Space Shuttle.
 Another Space Shuttle hung from the ceiling.  This was next to the Planetarium.  We went to see the Magic Tree House Space Exploration Planetarium Show.
 Another area the kids liked was a small spot where you could record your own weather forecast.
 Then play it back.
 Evan talking from behind the Podium.
 Lauren checking out the moon.
 It is a small museum but has two levels of some cool stuff and interactive exhibits.  Plus the Planetarium, a space gift shop and a place to get some food.
Twitter: @nhstarhop
Disclosure:  No compensation was received for this post.  All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Sam Anderson said...

We may not be able to travel in space but through this discovery center at least the children can get some space travel and Lunar system knowledge which has been great. Thanks! meet and greet Gatwick

Calisto Asher said...

Such a fascinating visit to the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center! The interactive exhibits and educational insights make it a must-see destination. Speaking of smooth journeys, I recently experienced the convenience of a service by Express Parking is "Meet & Greet Heathrow T3" at Heathrow Terminal 3 with seamless parking solutions. It added an extra layer of ease to my travel experience. Looking forward to exploring more travel hacks like this to enhance my adventures.