Sunday, October 20, 2013

10/20/13: Roger Williams Park Zoo Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Pumpkinville

Last night we went to the Roger Williams Park Zoo Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Pumpkinville USA.  As always, it did not disappoint. I am amazed every year by the amazing Jack-O-Lanterns and the amount of work that goes in to them.  
The kids absolutely love this event.  See my previous post for my tips on attending as lines get extremely long. 
Welcome to Pumpkinville!  The pumpkin art represents regions of the country, highlighting their unique attributes and as well as historical and cultural landmarks of each of the states. Regions include Heartland of America, Pacific Coast, Mid-Atlantic, New England, and Appalachian Highlands. 
First we started off with the Harvest Buffet.  I love this option as you get VIP entrance to the Pumpkin Trail and there is great food.  They had  turkey, cranberry sauce, squash, vegetables, and mashed potatoes.  Plus hot dogs, and hamburgers for the kids.  Plus there is soda, water, coffee, and hot cider.

After filling our tummies we headed past the line to the trail.  I can't do the pumpkins justice with my pictures but I want to share some of our favorites.  Let me start with some of my favorites.  These honoring President Kennedy. 
Love the Statue of Liberty!
 This was Evan's favorite.  He loves trains and especially Steam Trains so I was not surprised when he loved this one.  Plus it says Conway and we always go to the Conway Scenic Railroad so he was excited about that.
My daughter liked Despicable Me 2's Minions.
 My husband liked Yosemite Sam.
I felt like the setups were a bit more elaborate this year.
 So amazing!
 
 I love all of the Jack-O-Lanterns hung on the bridge.
 So pretty.
 Here are a few other cool ones.  Mt. Rushmore.
Stevie Wonder was very cool 
 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
 President Lincoln.
Kids corner with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
And now on to the most amazing part.  The Laughing Tree with tons of Jack-O-Lanterns!  My pictures can not capture how beautiful it is.
 So amazing!
 Hey Linus, it is the Great Pumpkin!  I found him!
 
 I also include a video at the end of this post of the Laughing Tree to get a feel for it.
 The intricate carving is just amazing.
 So cool!
 A larger view just to see from a distance what it looks like.
 At the end they always have In Memory Of.  I loved this Boston Marathon Tragedy Tribute.  Boston Strong!
 Here is some video of the Laughing Tree:
  I can't say enough about this event, go check it out for yourself!  It continues till November 3rd!
 Check them out on Facebook: 
Disclosure: I was provided tickets to the Harvest Buffet for my family and I in exchange for promotional review.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: