Sunday, February 12, 2017

2/12/17: Amazing Ice Castles in New Hampshire

We recently got the opportunity to go to Ice Castles in Lincoln, NH and they are gorgeous!  I am going to show you a sampling of pictures but really you need to see it in person.  Pictures can not do it justice.
 First off you need to get your tickets in advance.  Go to the Ice Castles NH Website:  http://icecastles.com/lincoln/ and you will need to pick a day and time.  The time is a half hour range that you can enter the Ice Castles.  At that point you can stay as long as you want however you cannot leave and go back in.
Here is a picture before we entered.  There are queue lines with times that you can enter with your online tickets.  When we were there they were not selling any tickets the day of so definitely get yours in advanced.  They do control the flow of people with the timing of tickets.
 
I suggest getting a time that allows you to enjoy the Ice Castles in the light and then goes in to the darkness to see them all lit up.  They truly are breathtaking!
 The kids were totally mesmerized entering the Ice Castles.  It is so cool!
 So beautiful entering through this arch and seeing the other areas.
  So beautiful! 
 
 This is a really cool structure that lights up at night and looks awesome!
 Here you can see a view with some of the people visiting.
 There is an ice slide.  I would suggest if you want to do this try going on the earlier side of your visit.  I did notice as the night went on the line got very long.  There is a queue area that we waited in which was about a 15 minute wait.  The kids thought it was fun.  I didn't go on it.  The slide itself isn't too long but both kids gave it a thumbs up and said it was worth the wait.
 More views as you are walking around.
 I love this view with the mountains in the background.
 Evan had a fun time exploring.  There are little tunnels that kids can climb through.  Evan really enjoyed them.  Make sure you dress warmly and in layers!
 I loved looking up!  So gorgeous!
The Lincoln, NH Ice Castle is an acre, they also have sister locations in Midway, Utah; Wisconsin Dells, WI; Edmonton, Canada; and Stillwater, Minnesota.
This was one of my favorite views.  I stood in here for 15 minutes or so just looking up.
 I love this picture too!
 Lauren checking things out.
 There is also a little spot inside that you can buy cookies and hot chocolate.  The kids had hot chocolate to warm up.
 
 So pretty!
 This is a little overlook area.
 Here you can see some views as the ice starts to get lit up.  It changes colors and looks really cool.
 I think it is something you should experience at least once.
I love this color scheme. 
 There is a cool fountain too.
 This is an affordable fun activity for the family.  We spent about 2 hours there just exploring.  With tickets at just $15.95 for adults and $12.95 for children 4-11 I thought it was a good value for the family.

Disclosure:  I was provided with four tickets to Ice Castles in Lincoln, NH for my family for promotional purposes.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: