Friday, May 12, 2017

5/12/17: Annie the Musical in Boston

On Wednesday night we went to Annie The Musical at the Boch Center Wang Theatre in Boston.  The show was wonderful!!!  We all loved it.  The show was so well done and we all left with the awesome songs in our head.  The show is in Boston until May 21st so you have time to get tickets!  Discount code below.
We brought one of Lauren's friends to the show and she absolutely loved it.  Here you can see Lauren with my Annie doll from 1977.  I got that when I went to the show for the first time.
Last time we saw the show we went to the Red Carpet arrival.  Here you can see Gilgamesh Taggett who plays Oliver Warbucks.  He was perfect for the part.  Unfortunately this time we couldn't make the timing work to get there for their arrival.
 Annie had an amazing voice and acted perfectly for the part.  She sang beautifully and I especially loved when she sang Tomorrow.  The kids that played the orphans were all awesome.  They acted, danced and sang wonderfully.  Bunny Baldwin especially stood out as Molly.  She was so adorable and her acting was wonderful.  
Erin Fish played Miss Hannigan and was hilarious.  She was the perfect funny character that you want to hate but can't because she is so funny.  You can't forget Sandy.  What a well trained doggy.  She sat, she spoke, she came when called and was awesome.  Sandy is played by two dogs from shelters.  I love that.
 The sets were amazing also.  The transitions between the Orphanage, NYC, the Warbucks household, and the President's office were seamless.  
Even my doll from 1977 when I saw the show loved watching herself on stage. 
Save 25% on tickets to the following performances:  May 14 eve, 17, 17, 18, 21 eve.  Excludes Orchestra Pit and Orchestra rows A-D.  Us promotional code MOMS
www.anniethemusical.com
Here is a video preview of the show:

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, make sure you get tickets.  Ok, I had to, I love that song!
Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to attend this performance of Annie and 4 tickets for giveaway.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: