Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/12: Happy Mother's Day to Me and Joe's Crab Shack Opens in MA

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I figured not many Moms would want to go to the Children's Museum in Boston on Mom's Day so that is where I decided to go.  My kids love it there.
They love the climbing structure!
This really is one of their favorite museums to go to so being the great Mom that I am, why not take them there on a day I knew it would be slow.
 Your goggles much match your outfit.  Here is Lauren showing her kid power.
 And Evan working hard.
 The bubble area is always a big hit.
 Bubbles!
Then we were treated to a free meal from Joe's Crab Shack in Methuen, MA.  It is the first one to open in MA and will actually open on Tuesday May 15th.  We were lucky enough to attend a mock serving to train their crew and the food and non-alcoholic beverages were on them.  You can read more about the upcoming opening in the Boston Herald here. 
They have a beautiful climbing structure for the kids.  This was a big hit with Evan and Lauren as we were waiting.  You just need to go through the restaurant to get to it.
 It is so nice to see beautiful, clean play equipment.
On May 15th when Joe's Crab Shack opens at 11 a.m. and the first 100 people in line will receive vouchers for a free snow crab bucket every month for a year.  The food was really good.  John got the crab and lobster and said it was really good.  I personally don't eat shellfish but got the Fish and Chips and liked it.  The kids had chicken tenders.  I recommend checking them out if you live in the area.
 Check out this drink called the Shark Bite.  It came with two tubes with grenadine so that it looked like blood was being poured in from the sharks biting someone.  The kids got a kick out of it.  Note this drink is for 2, they also have a version for 1.
 Ouch the Shark has my finger!
 And as they say "the shacks always shakin".  Here is Lauren dancing with the servers and Daddy.  Every 20-30 mins they turn on disco balls and music and all the servers do a little line dance and you can get up and join in.
And of course there has to be gifts.  Here are my favorites.  I love when the kids make handmade things.  Here is the cutest sweetest gift from Evan.
 Love this from Lauren.  I love the gifts with the hand prints.
 I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Happy Mother's Day to all the fantastic Moms out there.

Disclosure:  Our food and non-alcoholic beverages were provided free at Joe's Crab Shack.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: