Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/27/13: Elmo's Super Heroes at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium

We went to see Sesame Street Live, "Elmo's Super Heroes" at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium this past weekend.  The show was tons of fun for kids and adults!  
 I think everyone has watched Sesame Street at one point in their life.  We all grew up with Sesame Street so this show was fun for both kids and brought back fond memories for me from when I was a kid.  Hearing Doin' The Pigeon by Bert was fun as I remembered back to dancing to it when I was a kid.  Even my husband was laughing out loud when Cookie Monster was doing a little hip hop dance.  This was something I thought I would never see, but was very happy I did.  It was awesome!
The whole gang was there performing and they did super cute little songs about hygiene, eating well, and getting exercise so that Grover could get his super powers back and become Super Grover again.  
 You can go to the Sesame Street Live Website for show schedules for additional cities. 
Personally my favorite character is Grover.  He always has been.  My favorite color is blue, so that is part of the appeal.  He always made me giggle.
 
 Plus I would like to give some positive words to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium.  Snacks were reasonably priced which is not the norm at these shows.  Popcorn was only $2.50 which I was very impressed with.  Plus the venue is a perfect size so that kids can see all the action.  Another plus is that they started the show right on time!  This is much appreciated for parents with young children.
 Of course Elmo is a big hit.  I liked how many of the characters wandered through the aisles of the auditorium during the show and interacted with the kids.
Of course it is always exciting when there is a bunch of streamers that shoot out.
Follow @SesameStLive on Twitter
Follow @LowellAud on Twitter
Like Sesame Street Live on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/sesamestreetlive
Like the Lowell Memorial Auditorium on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LowellMemorialAuditorium
Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to attend this show in exchange for posting.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: