Thursday, October 17, 2019

Have a Blast at The SpongeBob Musical

My kids have been watching Nickelodeon's SpongeBob for a while, and to be honest my husband and I would watch it too. I love his carefree and positive attitude. I knew when The SpongeBob Musical came to Boston we had to see it! This award winning show is at the Boch Center Wang Theatre until October 27th! Get tickets now as this show is a blast!
 Lauren was excited to see the show. She especially was looking forward to all the songs created by wonderful artists. During the show she would look at the program and tell me who wrote each song. The show features original songs by Yolanda Adams, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Sara Bareilles, Jonathan Coulton, Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, Lady Antebellum, Cyndi Lauper, John Legend, Panic! At The Disco, Plain White T’s, They Might Be Giants and T.I. (Clifford Harris, Jr.) Domani Harris and Darwin Quinn and a song by David Bowie and by Tom Kenny and Andy Paley.
There was music playing when we entered and I knew we were in for a fun show. More musicians kept showing up on stage. During the show I  also enjoyed one performer on stage that handled all of the sound effects.

There were so many standouts in this show. I have a bit of a soft spot for tap dancing as I still take tap as an adult and Cody Cooley as Squidward Q. Tentacles danced and sang in a wonderful musical number with tap dancers. His costume with the four legs was fantastic and he acted out the character perfectly!
Another huge standout was the powerful voice of Meami Maszewski as Pearl Krabs! She was so wonderful!
Of course Lorenzo Pugliese as SpongeBob was wonderful and I really enjoyed his interaction with Sandy Cheeks (Daria Pilar Redus) and Patrick Star (Beau Bradshaw).
I loved all of the characters and how they were portrayed. Plus the music was awesome! 
They really brought the characters to life. Plus it was so funny everyone was laughing out loud.
For ticket information and additional dates, visit www.TheSpongeBobMusical.com
Definitely check out this show when it comes to your city so you can have the best day ever! I say it is the feel good show of the year!

Disclosure: I received four tickets for my family to attend the show. No other compensation was received and as always all opinions are my own.

No comments: