Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/28/12: Seeing the White Mountains by Train on the Conway Scenic Railroad

My son loves trains of any kind and really loves riding on them.  Every time we go to the White Mountains we make sure we take the Conway Scenic Railroad train ride.  This year we took the one hour and 45 minute ride to Bartlett.
 Here is our train coming in.  We did take advantage of our Fun Pass from Breath New Hampshire and saved the train fare of both kids.
 Evan honestly was like a dog with his head out the window.  He had his head hanging out the window for the whole ride.  It was so cute to watch.
 There are such beautiful views on this ride.  It is wonderful sitting in the train car with no windows and just looking out at all the sights.  This picture is my personal favorite.
 So beautiful.
 The whole ride is a photographers dream.  So many picturesque settings.
 Lauren enjoying the ride.
 Evan with his head out still.
 Once you arrive at Bartlett they move the engine to the other side of the train to head back.  Here it is switching tracks to head to the other end of the train cars.
 Evan watching it go by.
 The kids posing for me.
 Seriously don't you want to jump right in.
 Beautiful!
 I highly recommend taking one of these train rides if you are visiting North Conway.
Disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation in exchange for this post, I did receive the Fun Pass from Breath NH.  All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

ellen b said...

I hope you went to the 5&10 across the street - love that store. We just went shopping at the outlets today. I live an hour north of there. Glad you had fun. My kids always loved to ride the train.