Monday, February 18, 2013

2/18/13: Scooby-Doo Live! Musical Mysteries Fun at the Tsongas Center

Tonight we went to see Scooby-Doo Live! Musical Mysteries at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell.  I must admit all day I have been singing the Scooby-Doo Where Are You? song getting ready for the show.  Of course I was singing it even more after the show.
 This is the first time the show has toured in North America.  The show was the perfect length at an hour and twenty minutes including intermission.  I have found this is about the right amount of time for a kid's attention span.
I love the Mystery Machine!  
I remember even as a kid sometimes I used to get a little scared during Scooby-Doo episodes.  With this show they didn't make the ghost scary but he did have some cool light up red eyes.
At first both of my kids were putting their hands over their ears whenever the ghost was visible.  The cast did get the audience involved yelling ghost whenever they saw the ghost and that made my kids not afraid anymore. They were laughing every time they saw the ghost and my son noticed the red light up eyes in the picture were a sign that the ghost was coming.
The cast did a great job singing and I liked that Scrappy sounded liked the Scrappy I remember.  He was always one of my favorites of course 2nd to Scooby-Doo.
In fact I go around the house singing the Scooby-Doo song to my dog a lot.  I replace Scooby with Freddy-Doo as my dog's name is Fred.  
If you aren't in MA and would like to see the show, here is a link to all the Tour Dates: http://www.scoobydoolive.com/ 
 Figuring out the mystery.
 Scooby is so adorable!
 What a great show and super cute for kids.  My daughter said it was awesome and my son had a fun time.
Like the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TsongasCenter

Disclosure: I received a family four pack of tickets for the show to promote it. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.

No comments: