Thursday, July 19, 2012

7/19/12: Annie at the North Shore Music Theatre

I was extremely excited to be able to attend Annie at the North Shore Music Theatre last night.  This is the first Broadway show I saw when I was a kid.  I actually attended it when I was 4, very close to Lauren's age so I was very excited to take my kids to see it.
Lauren was very excited to bring my doll that I got at the show.  This doll is from the 1977 show was able to attend the show with us.
I had never been to the North Shore Music Theatre and was very impressed by it.  It is an intimate theatre in the round that has you immersed in the action as actors come up and down the aisles right next to you.  Plus there is no bad seat in the theatre.  What a wonderful venue to watch a show.  We parked in the Free Parking but there is also Paid Parking up a bit closer to the entrance.  It was not that long of a walk for the Free Parking so we opted for that.  It also has a Backstage Bistro outside the theatre (which is where Lauren is standing) that has a Buffet for Annie if you would like to eat there.
The lead Lauren Weintraub is 13 and has an amazing voice.  Hearing her sing brought tears to my eyes some times during the show.  She is an amazing actress and was fantastic as Annie.  It was also sweet seeing her interact with her dog Sandy.  All show photos are credited to the North Shore Music Center Annie Page.  No pictures are allowed during the performance.
The kids in this show were really amazing.  My kids loved watching them on stage.  It's the Hard-Knock Life is one of my favorite songs from the show and I remember doing a baton twirling routine for this when I was a kid.
The show is going on for the next two weeks so you can still buy tickets.  Shows are going on until July 29th.  You can also play a game here and be entered to win an Annie Prize Pack including 4 tickets.
Another character that is so hysterical to watch is Jacquelyn Piro Donovan as Miss Hannigan.  She will make you laugh out loud as she sings about Little Girls.  She truly is the character you love to hate.  This actress did such a good job portraying this character.  She made me and my kids giggle many times.
And of course the wonderful Daddy Warbucks.  This part was played by Raymond Jaramillo McLeod and he had a wonderful voice and the chemistry between he and Annie was excellent.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, make sure you get tickets so you can attend Tomorrow.  Ok, I had to, I love that song too!
You can also check out the North Shore Music Theatre on:
Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to attend this performance of Annie.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: