Monday, March 22, 2010

3/22/10: Live Like We're Dying

The song "Live Like We're Dying" by Kris Allen seems to constantly be playing on the radio and it got me thinking. Recently I have received a lot of bad news from friends. Of course I won't publish any details, but you know who you are and you are in my thoughts. It has made me think a lot about all the things I want to do and things I say I will do but never get the time to do.
It is so true that there really aren't enough hours in the day to work, spend time with the kids, spend time with your significant other, clean, do laundry, cook, eat, sleep, etc. As a Mom I am very well aware of this. The laundry is never done, the floors are never clear of toys and the dust comes back so quickly. But when we are gone these are not the things we will be remembered for, it will be how much we loved and the time we spent with the ones we cared about.
Some questions to ask:
Do we really take the time to tell people we love them or even that we are thinking about them? Have we become so technology driven that we rather e-mail or text a friend instead of picking up the phone or meeting them for coffee. Do we prioritize our life in the right way all the time? Do we get so caught up in the day to day that we forget sometimes about the big picture and how blessed we truly are?
A quote from the song that I love:
"We only got 86,400 seconds in a day to
Turn it all around or to throw it all away
We gotta tell them that we love them
While we got the chance to say
Gotta live like we're dying"
Let's take this to heart a bit. Call a relative, meet up with a dear friend, or just spend more time talking instead of texting, e-mailing, etc. We are all a victim to it. I know I am.
Sometimes even take the time to see things through your children's innocent eyes. My wonderful son the other day decided we should take plastic eggs to my Aunt's grave so she could celebrate Easter. What a wonderful thing, of course we took the time and went and did this.
Another quote:
"So if your life flashed before you,
What would you wish you would've done?"
Comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Completely agree! :o) Nice post.