Thursday, June 21, 2018

Dirty Dancing On Stage

Recently I got to enjoy Dirty Dancing - The Classic Story on Stage at the Schubert Theatre. I must say entering the show I was a bit concerned how they would be able to recreate such an iconic movie with such great leading characters. I was pleasantly surprised with an amazing show!
I think Aaron Patrick Craven did a fabulous job as the lead Johnny Castle. This of course being a hard role to portray with Patrick Swayze doing such a great job with it. The relationship with Kaleigh Courts as Francis "Baby" Houseman was very believable and well done. She did remind me a lot of Jennifer Grey. When the line "nobody puts Baby in the corner" was said the audience went crazy.
There were also two standout singers. Both Nickolaus Colõn as Billy Kosteki and Erica Philpot as Elizabeth were both amazing! Their vocals were so strong. I was very impressed.
The dancing was phenomenal. Anaïs Blake as Penny Johnson was a fantastic dancer. 
The iconic music from the show was so great.

So many hit songs were performed including “Hungry Eyes,” “Hey Baby,” “Do You Love Me?” and the heart-stopping “(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.” 
Make sure to check it out when it comes to your town!

Disclosure: I was provided with tickets to Dirty Dancing On Stage for promotional purposes. No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Sports ticket depot said...

Book modest tickets for Dirty Dancing through our safe performance
centre booking framework.
The exemplary story of first love includes the first characters and a
significant part of the first exchange, stunning movement in addition
to every one of the hit tunes from the top-of-the-line film soundtrack ever including Time of My Life, Hungry Eyes, She's Like the Wind, Hey Baby, and Do You Love Me?

If you want to book Dirty dancing show ticket without facing any problem, set filters at Sports Ticket Depot and get list of events and available tickets..