Sunday, April 3, 2011

4/2/11: Museum of Science Fun

We love going to the Boston Museum of Science. With Evan learning about Dinosaurs in Kindergarten he was very excited to go and take some pictures he could share with the class. Here he is with Cliff who is a 65 million year old Triceratops fossil. He is one of only 4 nearly complete on public display anywhere. Here is Lauren posing pretty. And Evan again with a Dino behind him. Notice he is wearing his Dinosaur sweater (unlike my Green Shirt Day). The Museum of Science has also very recently renovated the Planetarium. It only recently reopened. The newly renovated Charles Hayden Planetarium is the most technologically advanced digital theater in New England. It is powered by superior full-dome video and audio systems and a new state-of-the-art star projector. We went and saw Undiscovered Worlds: The Search Beyond our Sun. It was a great show and before the host was asking questions of the kids. Evan was very excited to answer what his favorite thing in Space was for a glow in the dark sticker. He said the Moon. Here is Lauren having a great time.

Thanks to my company PTC we get free passes to go here. We were able to go to the Exhibit Hall, Omni Show "Tornado Alley" and Planetarium all for free. And with John's work right down the street it was even free to park. What a great day!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Looks like a great day!! We LOVE visiting the local museums, and are fortunate to live close to several!! I don't know why, but I follow you on twitter, but wasn't following your blog...Oh well fixed that!! :D Have fun blog hopping, and be sure to check out my blog http://www.mommyramblings.com

wondersndreams said...

wow! that looks like so much fun, my son would love seeing the dinosaurs.

stopping by from UBP, thank you for visiting my blog!

beenomom said...

Hey there, thanks for checking me out! UBP is the best way to meet fellow moms and bloggers! I too live in Mass. I'm in the central part of the state about 50 minutes from Boston. My husband grew up in the North End, but Im a small town girl. We venture into the city occasionally because it has so much great stuff to see and do. I guess we really do have a lot in common, not just soccer!

Unknown said...

Having a MOS Boston membership was the best money spent when my tweens were younger. Even today we will spend at least an hour in that upstairs discovery room... and it is always changing, which I love. Looks like you had a blast... great post!

MaggieK said...

Following you back. Thanks for stopping by.

Looks like you had a great time!!!