Sunday, February 24, 2013

2/24/13: GameTruck and Fish McBites from McDonalds

With school vacation week it is always a challenge to fill all the days with fun activities and not break the bank.  When I was invited to a blogger play date with GameTruck and McDonalds I jumped at the chance to have my kids go and have some fun.  Unfortunately I had to work this day but my husband had just returned from India so I knew it would be fun for him to go with the kids to this event.  I knew this would be an event he would enjoy.  Video Games and McDonalds food, what is not to like?
I heard rave reviews about the Game Truck from my son, daughter and husband.  The truck had Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and Playstation systems with many games.  I know my daughter was playing Little Big Planet.  What a cool birthday party this would be, corporate event or fundraiser.  In fact my husband was talking to me about franchise opportunities in Boston.  He absolutely loved the idea.
More about GameTruck:
GameTruck is the original and longest-running mobile video game theater concept in the country, bringing ultimate video game parties almost anywhere via self-powered, climatecontrolled GameTruck trailers outfitted with as many as eight flat-screen HDTV’s, enhanced sound systems and dozens of the latest multiplayer games. Since it was founded in 2006, GameTruck has grown to 60 franchisees operating 80 GameTruck rigs in 150 territories across 23 states. GameTruck offers a premier party experience for both children and adults in an interactive, multiplayer environment that accommodates 16 or more players. A GameCoach manages each event, promoting fair, interactive play. A standard GameTruck party consists of two hours of play for ages 6 and up; 16-20 players can compete in the truck’s interior. Just like at home, GameTruck parents can look through the library and take out what they deem unacceptable for their kids.
You can find GameTruck online at:  http://www.gametruckparty.com/
You can follow them on Twitter here: @GameTruckLA
Then they were able to head in to McDonalds and try out the new Fish McBites.  My kids aren't big in to fish however my son gave it an "ok" rating which is very high for him as he is a very picky eater.  My husband said they were really good with the tartar sauce and had flaky fish inside them.  I heard from many other adults that their kids liked them.  Also when I was tweeting about them several people responded that their kids love them.  They also got to play some games there too and came home with some cool Ronald McDonald shirts and little toys.
You can go to the McDonalds Fish McBites website and even create your own little version of their song "Fishy, Fishy" and share it with your friends on Facebook.  It is super cute.  Lauren really loved her shirt.  She wore it all day after the play date.
Here is one of the marketing people from McDonalds talking to the kids about how they like the Fish McBites.
Here is Evan's quick little song while he was at the event.
Check out McDonalds Fish McBites online here: 
You can like McDonalds on Facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds
You can follow them on Twitter here: @McDonalds
Disclosure:  My kids were provided with fun game play in the GameTruck and tasty food at McDonalds.  We were also provided with McDonalds Gift Certificates.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: