5/19/2011: Invisalign, What a Wonderful Alternative to Metal Braces
Did you have braces as I kid? I know I did, with head gear, and elastics. The joys of having a "metal mouth". When I got mine they had the clear braces, which is what I had, but I still had the metal wires. Teens and Adults needing braces now are so lucky to have a new option like Invisalign (also known as "clear or invisible braces").
There are so many benefits to this clear alternative to metal braces. For me eating certain foods was always a problem, and being worried that something was stuck in my braces. The fact that you take Invisalign out while you eat and brush is fantastic. I also remember breaking braces off when I would eat something and using a water pik after brushing.
Some benefits...• Invisalign can effectively treat many of the same conditions that used to only require metal braces.
• Invisalign works the same way metal braces do which is moving teeth by applying pressure over time.
• Invisalign has been enhanced even further with the introduction of Invisalign® G3 earlier this year, the most significant collection of new features and technology innovations in the company’s history. This new generation of Invisalign clear braces for both adults and teens, takes treatment capabilities to the highest level yet, making it possible for orthodontists to treat some of the most complex cases - previously only achieved with metal braces.
• The arrival of Invisalign G3 makes it easier for orthodontists/dentists to treat people with complex cases so they can enjoy the benefits of straightening their teeth without the discomfort and embarrassment often associated with metal (or fixed) braces. Such complex cases include: severe misalignment, overbite, underbite, and crossbites.
• In addition to the aesthetic, emotional and convenience benefits of Invisalign, the functional benefits are hard to argue: easy to maintain good oral hygiene, they are comfortable, affordable and safe for active lifestyles.
• Invisalign is not only great for adults with whom metal is not an option, but Invisalign now has a product specifically developed for teen patients.
Invisalign is great for Adults or Teens. When it comes to a decision as important as straightening your child’s teeth, it’s good to know you now have options. Teens now have a modern choice for straightening their teeth. No more wires and brackets required – Invisalign Teen, a series of removable and virtually invisible aligners that gradually move teeth over time to help your teen achieve a great smile and proper bite, is the clear alternative to metal braces.
It was developed with leading orthodontists who understand the unique treatment and compliance needs of teens as well as their active lifestyles. One question I had when I met an Invisalign Rep at Bloggy Boot Camp was "how will I know if my child is wearing them when away from me?". What I learned is that there are compliance indicators located on the upper aligner can estimate the approximate amount of time your teen spends wearing the product. The indicators are designed to fade from blue to clear as a gauge of approximate wear time, so you can ensure your child’s compliance easily
Invisalign Teen treatment is ideal for busy parents because there are never any emergency appointments caused by broken wires or brackets. And you spend less time at the orthodontist’s office, with fewer appointments and less chair time for uncomfortable tightenings.
There are many benefits to Invisalign Teen treatment for teens as well: • It gives teens a great smile—Invisalign Teen helps your teen feel confident in their smile and themselves. • It fits teens’ busy lives—the aligners are comfortable and durable, so it’s easy for teens to continue their favorite activities such as playing sports and musical instruments that can be challenging or uncomfortable with traditional metal braces. • It’s clear—no metal braces so treatment is inconspicuous, making it easier for teens to “fit in” rather than call attention to their treatment. • It’s removable—teens take the aligners out to brush and floss so they can maintain normal, healthy hygiene during treatment and they can eat what they want. • It’s more comfortable than traditional braces—Invisalign Teen aligners are made of lightweight plastic that is custom
Did you know... There are more than 1.5 million Invisalign cases in treatment or completed and the company enjoys a 96% customer satisfaction rate.
If you have kids that are in need of braces, this is the way to go. I know I have already found out that my 5 year old will need them at some point due to crowding in his bottom teeth. I will be looking in to Invisalign for him when needed.
Are you an adult in need of braces? Go here and take the Self Assessment if Invisalign is right for you.
Disclosure: I was given an Amazon Gift card in exchange for this review, the opinions are my own.