Monday, September 3, 2012

9/3/12: Six Flags More Flags More Fun

We went to Six Flags New England over Labor Day weekend.  We had not been there since before we had kids so our experience was a bit different this time and not filled with roller coasters as usual.   
Even though I didn't get to go on this I was able to marvel at their new Roller Coaster called Goliath.  This looked awesome!  I do wish that they had some signs telling you wait times as this would have helped me decide if I could ride any of the roller coasters.
It takes you up this track and then drops you backwards!  With loops and twists and turns it looks super fun for any thrill seeker.
 The kids always love to go on the Carousel, especially Lauren.  Buy 2013 Season Passes now and get free visits for the rest of 2012 including Fright Fest.  If you buy 4 or more you get a Free upgrade to GOLD which includes Free parking.  Must purchase by October 28th, 2012.
 I like this cute ride in the kids section called Looney Toons Movie Town.  Tweety would hit Sylvester with a hammer and the ride would go up and down.  There are two areas that are just kids rides.
   We then were able to watch the characters have a Dance Off.  This was a super cute show that the kids liked.
 Plus we got to meet them all after the show.  Here they are with Tweety.
 Bugs Bunny!  I loved him as a kid.
 Daffy Duck looking spiffy.
You have to ride the tea cups.
 I love this overview picture of the park that I took when we were on the Sky Ride.  The Cyclone is the white roller coaster and has been there forever.  I remember going on it when I was a kid back when the park was Riverside park.
 We also spent some time in the water park - Hurricane Harbor.  Here is Evan trying out one of the smaller slides in the kids area.
 Evan climbed through this area too which is great for kids.
 Here are some more of the slides.  This area is much larger than I expected it to be.  There is a wave pool, regular pools, slides and lots of fun stuff to take a break and cool off during the day.
 If you were wondering, yes there are 6 flags as you enter the park.  Be aware that it does cost $20 to park and the parking involves either a lengthy walk to the park or a tram/bus ride.  We walked to the park but opted to take the bus back to our car at the end of the day.
Find them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sixflags
Follow them on Twitter:  @SF_newengland
That's all Folks!
Disclosure:  I was given a family four pack of tickets to Six Flags.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: