Thursday, April 3, 2014

4/3/14: I Want My Nerd HQ Operation Smile Donate Now

I want to share a wonderful campaign with you.  It is a crowd funding opportunity to raise funds for Operation Smile.  In a nutshell the "I Want My Nerd HQ" Campaign is very simple. Funds raised allow Nerd HQ to be a free, four day event held the same weekend as San Diego Comic Con on July 24-27 at Petco Park in Sand Diego, California.  100 % of the money raised by auction items, photos, and signings at this event will be donated to Operation Smile.  In 2013 Nerd HQ raised $215,000 for the charity.  Zachary Levi is the Founder of Nerd Machine and Nerd HQ.
You may remember him from Chuck, or if you have kids like me you remember him as Flynn Rider from Tangled.  It is up to you to help and donate so that this wonderful event can happen.
  
I would love it if you could give even $5.  The goal is to raise $1,000,000.  All contributors will be part of the #NerdHQArmy, an exclusive email list that will receive updates, photos, videos and much more throughout the planning process.  Your name will also be on the "Nerd HQ Wall of Honor" on www.thenerdmachine.com. 
Zachary Levi says “Being nerdy just means being passionate about something, including everyone - the coolest people on Earth are passionate and therefore nerdy about something whatever it is, whether it's sports, or gaming, or technology, or fashion, or beauty, or food, or whatever.”  Here is some video.
Disclosure:  This is not a compensated campaign.  I am just passionate about this cause.

No comments: