Friday, May 10, 2013

5/9/13: What Do You Want For Mother's Day?

My husband asked me the other day "What do you want for Mother's Day?".  This made me think?  What do I want?  Here are some thoughts, and they do not include jewelry, flowers or chocolate but more a long term vision of what I want as a Mom.
What I want as a Mom is...
My kids to always give me a big hug and say they love me.
My kids to be excited when I come in to their school to help and be proud that "their Mom is there".
My kids to grow up to be the best people they can be and always treat everyone with respect.
My kids to not regret that they didn't try and activity because Mom said they couldn't.
My kids to want a hug and a kiss (in Evan's case 3 kisses) every night before bed.
My Mom to feel that I lived up to all I could be.
 My kids to feel like they live every day to the fullest and enjoy their life.
For my kids to call me when they are older just to check in and see how everything is going.
 Nothing that comes in a box can make me feel as appreciated as a big hug.  After all it is my kids that made me a Mom and all I want as a Mom is for them to be happy and feel loved!
Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all the Moms out there.  You are loved even if there is no gift in a box on Mother's Day.

No comments: