Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12/1/15: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer the Musical Review

I have such fond memories of watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer when I was a kid.  I have watched it every holiday season and was very excited that it was being brought to the stage to be performed live.  This show is such a classic and I had very high expectations for the live show and it did not disappoint!  Tonight we were able to go to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer:  The Musical at the the Citi Performing Arts Shubert Theatre and the whole family loved it!
The show is running until December 6th so you still have time to get tickets.  My favorite part of the show was the fact that every character was so true to the original.  The voices for all the characters was spot on and brought you right in to the show.  My two absolute favorites were Rudolph and Hermey the Elf.  When they sang and spoke they were phenomenal!  All of the cast was wonderful and really brought the show to life.
The costumes were phenomenal and perfectly depicted all of the characters!  I loved little baby Rudolph.  He was so adorable.
All Photos courtesy of Jesse Ashton Photography
From the second the show starts and the snow man enters the stage you know it will be so true to the original.  The show is perfect for kids as it isn't super long.  The running time is 90 minutes including the intermission.  There is so much going on that the kids all just sat there so enthralled with it.  Plus the Shubert Theatre is a smaller theater and offers you proximity to the action which is perfect for little ones.
All of the puppets were so cute right down to the bunnies and birds flying through the air.  The movements of the puppets were so well done.
I also have a discount for the show to save 25% per ticket!
Enter the code RUMEM for these performances: 
Wed, Dec 2 @ 7pm Thu, Dec 3 @ 7pm Fri, Dec 4 @ 7pm 
Seeing Rudolph flying through the air was so cool and don't even get me started on the Abominable Snow Monster!  He was awesome!  I felt like I had a non-stop smile on my face through the whole show.
 The misfit toys were phenomenal also.  They looked exactly like the toys and their voices were fantastic.  I especially liked the Charlie in the Box.  His voice took me right back to the original.  A wonderful ending to the show was a sing-a-long to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!  Everyone joined in and was having such a good time.  It is a great way to take kids to the theater and have a lot of fun doing it!
This show was so awesome and I hope you can make it part of your holiday season!  It does not disappoint!  

Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets for my family to attend the show and 4 tickets to giveaway for promotional purposes.  No other compensation has been received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: