Tuesday, December 15, 2015

12/16/15: Star Wars The Force Awakens Review

Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing an advanced media screening of Star Wars The Force Awakens.  Yes you read that correctly, I got to see the most highly anticipated movie of the year 3 days before it releases to movie theaters!  
Go see it when it opens December 18th.
First off I am going to admit it, I am not that in to Star Wars.  I know you are now throwing things at the screen.  Despite the fact that I am not someone that is a Star Wars fanatic I really did love the movie.  There were so many funny moments and I could follow the whole story.  My son has actually been watching the films in the order they were released in preparation for this movie.  I think he is going to love it and I think my husband will love it too.  
It really is a great movie for all ages.  There are no real scary parts for kids.  There are a couple of scary looking creatures that they might look away from the screen when they see but overall nothing too scary for children.
I found even if your kids did not see the other movies they would follow what was going on.  I loved the new stand out actors in the film Finn and Rey.
When they get together they need to get away quickly.  They end up riding in the Millennium Falcon which Rey calls "garbage".  When another ship is blown up they must use this "garbage" to get away.  When you realize what they are going to ride in there is a chuckle from the audience.
It was a nice combination to bring back the nostalgia of having Han Solo and Princess Leia.  I like when Han Solo first sees her and says that she changed her hair.
They had some funny scenes between them and you could sense the chemistry.  See if you can spot Carrie Fisher's daughter in the movie.
Everyone cheered when they saw C-3PO and R2-D2.
I liked BB-8.  It is always amazing to me that even a robot can evoke emotion.  I liked his movement too rolling around.  I love when BB-8 was interacting with R2-D2.
It is a great story of good versus evil.
You will find out who this guy is. 
He has a cool light saber. 
Such beautiful images throughout the whole movie and outstanding music. 
I love these images from the World Premiere Red Carpet event.  Here is the man behind it all.
Everyone is looking great on the Red Carpet.
Love this!
The dream team together.
Storm Troopers everywhere.
What a great movie!  Go see it when it comes out!
The whole family will love it!
Disclosure:  I was provided with an advanced preview of Star Wars The Force Awakens.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: