Wednesday, August 3, 2016

8/3/16: Deacon Street Restaurant North Conway NH

Next up in our whirlwind trip to North Conway New Hampshire is a lovely restaurant named Deacon Street Restaurant.  I had mentioned them in my review of the Kearsage Inn as it is one of their restaurants and we were staying right above them.
The decor inside is so cool.  We especially liked looking at this snowmobile.  The kids loved walking around and seeing everything.
Evan especially liked this motorcycle.
First the bread came out and it was so good.  It was soft and warm and the kids loved it.  I was happy they liked it as the kids were starving after a long day of travelling and swimming.
I ordered the Sauteed Scallops and Bacon.  Once I saw the combination of scallops and bacon on the menu I knew I had a winner.  It was a really good dish.  The pasta looked to be hand made and scallops were perfectly cooked and had a wonderful sauce that brought it all together.  The full menu is here.
My husband got the Maple Pecan Salmon which was touted as a bestseller on the menu.  He said that the salmon was really flavorful and he enjoyed his meal.
My son has really been enjoying steak lately so he got the kid's steak and thought it was really good.  
They also have specials on certain days and on Monday nights kids eat free!
Of course the drinks were great too.  I had an IPA that was really good and the waiter was nice enough to help me decide which one to pick as there were several IPAs.  They are also a Martini and Whiskey Bar so there were lots of other options too.  They also have Happy Hour every day except Tuesday from 4-6 pm. 
We were there on a Friday night and there was live entertainment.  These two singers and musicians Dennis and Davey were really good and the whole crowd was in to the music.  We were in the room next to the live music and it wasn't crazy loud.  We could still easily enjoy our dinner.
Here is a sampling of the music:
The whole experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend trying them out.  They are conveniently located on 32 Seavey Street North Conway, NH right down the street from the North Conway Scenic Railroad and downtown area.  Make sure to check out their specials including Thursday buy any burger and add a beer for a buck, Friday Lobster Bake $24.95, Saturday 3 course Prime Rib Dinner and Sunday 3 course Clambake for Two $34.95.
Find them online:  http://www.deaconst.com/
Disclosure:  I was provided with dinner and drinks for my family for promotional purposes.  No other compensation was received and as always all opinions are my own.

No comments: