Monday, July 31, 2017

7/31/17: Beauty and the Beast at the North Shore Music Theatre

Every year the North Shore Music Theatre (NSMT) has a family musical that we love.  This year it was Beauty and the Beast and it was amazing!  This is the perfect theater to take the whole family to as there are no bad seats as all rows are close to the stage.  Read till the end and I will disclose the family show for 2018.
The shows at the North Shore Music Theatre are always so well thought out.  From the actors, props, costumes, live music and lighting it is a top notch production every time.  Several times the lighting really stood out to me which usually doesn't happen with me.
All show photos by Paul Lyden provided by the North Shore Music Theatre
Rose Hemmingway was the perfect Belle.  Her voice was beautiful and she was so believable as the Belle character.  I really enjoyed watching her and she really drew me in to the character.  Her movements and singing were perfect.
Stephen Cerf did a fantastic job as the Beast.  His makeup was just perfection.  You couldn't have had a more perfect Beast!  It is so hard to bring an animated classic to life but they did a wonderful job.
More favorites were Phillip Taratula as Cogsworth.  He made me laugh out loud numerous times during the show.  Benjamin Howes did a fantastic job as Lumiere.
Be Our Guest was so well done with wonderful dancing and signing.  I loved it and it got a roar of applause from the audience.
You really wanted to get up and join in the fun and what adorable costumes!
Mrs. Potts and Chip were great too.  Chip was so adorable!
David Coffee who plays in A Christmas Carol every year played Maurice and was very good in the part.  He is such a loveable actor everytime I see him.
I hate to admit it but I was a bit disappointed in Gaston who was played by Taylor Crousore.  I felt for some reason he reminded me a lot of Jim Carey with his facial expressions and was just not believable to me as Gaston.  His voice was good, just not true to the character in spots.
I did however like Andrew Kruep who played Lefou.  He did some cool flips and movements with his body that were awesome and his voice was perfect!
More about the Show:
A family musical based on the 1991 Academy Award-winning animated film, Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST follows a young woman who stumbles upon a secluded castle occupied by a monstrous beast and a host of enchanted objects trying to break a witch’s spell before it is too late. It is a classic romantic story about finding love in unexpected places. This eye-popping spectacle has won the hearts of countless audiences worldwide and is filled with unforgettable characters, imaginative sets and costumes, and breath-taking production numbers.
This show unfortunately has ended however next up is Young Frakensteinget your tickets now.
As promised the Family Musical for next year was announced at the show and it is.......Peter Pan!!!  We can't wait!  Other shows that were announced are Mame and my favorite...Mama Mia!
Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to attend a performance of Beauty and the Beast.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: