Sunday, August 16, 2015

8/16/15: Mystic Aquarium Beluga Whales and More

One of my favorite aquariums is Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, CT.  I love that there is so much to see plus a 4-D Ice Age Movie, Wild Exploration Exhibit, Bird Feeding, Ray Feeding, Beluga Whales, a Sea Lions show and so much more.
We started out visiting the Beluga Whales.  This is personally my favorite animal at the aquarium as I love how they come right up to the glass and they are gorgeous creatures.

 It looks like he is posing for me.
 The kids trying to pose with him.
 From there we headed over to the Wild Exploration Exhibit and 4-D Ice Age movie.  There used to be a Titanic Exhibit but that is no longer in this building, there is just one small room with a couple Titanic items.
 Here is the first area you enter in the Wild Exploration exhibit.
 The kids loved this jeep and spent a lot of time in it.  You could press buttons inside and hear music or learn facts.

 There was a cool Polar Bear figure.
 The kids pretending they are on a dog sled.
There is even a Sharknado in there.  Well maybe not a Sharknado but makes you feel like you are under the ocean.
 Oh no, watch out behind you!
 We then walked around to see more animals.
 
 I love the Penguins too.  Read about when we did a Penguin Encounter on our last visit.

 Fishies!
Love this Octopus too. 
Lauren saying hi to her friend, she loves this guy. 
 Measuring up compared to some fish.
Last year they added Birds of the Outback and we love this.  You get to feed the birds.
Evan feeding some of the birds. 
 They seem to love my purse.  At one point I was feeding two and had two more on my purse.
It is $3 to enter and they give you a stick with food for the birds.  Or if you buy the value ticket it includes this and the 4D theater.  Read more here.
 Plus don't miss the Sea Lion show, check the schedule when you enter.  It is a fun show featuring the Sea Lions and their tricks.
 A big jump!
It is an awesome Aquarium!  If you have not been you should go!
 Follow Mystic Aquarium on Twitter: @mysticaquarium
Like the Mystic Aquarium on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/mysticaquarium
Disclosure:  I was provided tickets for my family and I to go to Mystic Aquarium, Birds of the Outback admission, and tickets for the 4-D Experience.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: